Financial Content Writer
Sharron Senter is a professional freelance financial content writer who helps financial advisors connect with wealthy and emerging-affluent investors on a deeper level.
She writes about money, health and emotions and related life milestones, positioning advisors as counselors who help the whole individual.
Financial Content Writer Sharron Senter, MBA
For many years, I’ve been helping independent financial advisors, broker-dealers, Super OSJs, RIA firms and other financial services professionals and related influencers increase revenue by providing reliable, clear and effective marketing communications.
I’ve written hundreds of financial blog posts, email newsletters, LinkedIn articles and white papers, and thousands of social posts for LinkedIn, Twitter and Facebook.
The beauty of technology allows us to work with all kinds of marketing professionals, even those not in your own neighborhood, but working from a distance can present challenges in communication. Not so with Sharron. From the very first meeting, Sharron exuded confidence and clarity. She was well organized, prepared and followed up on every aspect of the project as promised. She brought valuable ideas to the table and her work was on point. I highly recommend Sharron for your marketing communications needs.
Mari Peterson –Project Manager Leader, Compass Project Partners
Generally, I work with two specific audiences:
- Financial Advisors Seeking Clients
- Strategic Partners Seeking Advisor Alliances
Financial Content Writer Approach
My writing approach accounts for the economic and psychological factors driving your prospects’ decision-making.
My strength is helping financial services firms build meaningful relationships with investors and influencers by creating relevant and timely marketing content, ultimately building conversation opportunities. I also define and manage the infrastructure buildout of your social channels and website platforms that facilitate your content, when needed.
My skills aren’t limited to being a financial content writer.
I’ve been helping business owners define their value proposition for more than 17 years. I possess an unusual blend of skills that include the ability to write clearly as well as tie my approach to your business’ unique strategic advantages.
I’m also the author of the special report, Financial Services 12-Month Annual Content Marketing Calendar
My Financial Marketing Content Writer Services & Experience Include:
- A comprehensive understanding of the financial services marketplace, minimizing your need to bring me up to speed on the intricacies of your profession.
- Writing non-promissory, digital and offline content that generates engagement in a highly regulated industry.
- Working knowledge of the emotional mindsets of Millennials, Gen Xs, Baby Boomers and high-net-worth individuals, helping you align more quickly with prospects. Coupled with the understanding that the nation’s wealth is undergoing a large shift to younger generations and women.
- An understanding of how financial advisors spend their working days and the key business operational issues concerning them most. I’ve worked with more than 200 independent financial advisors, wealth managers, CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNING™ professionals and others. Many of these relationships originated through the advisor’s B/D or RIA.
- Legitimate and creative marketing and branding strategies that distinguish you from your competition combined with persistent project management and follow through.
- More than 17+ years of experience creating and orchestrating marketing plans and content marketing editorial calendars.
- Expert knowledge of how to write effective headlines and email subject lines that increase engagement and conversion rates.
- Hands-on experience creating client personas, as well as translating data and customer behaviors to identify relevant marketing content that will appeal to target audiences.
- Writing trust-fostering content for client referral campaigns.
- Working knowledge of marketing CRM and automation software, enabling you to track marketing ROI, simplify lead collection and increase AUM. I’m also fluent with WordPress for blogging and Constant Contact for facilitating email campaigns.
- Extensive search engine optimization experience (SEO), including writing mobile, search-friendly financial content. This includes an emphasis on voice and local searches using a natural language approach.
- Broad experience with many forms of traditional marketing, including direct mail, in-person event marketing, public speaking and referral programs.
Sharron’s Personality and Education
I possess high levels of emotional intelligence, business acumen and diplomacy. I’m astute at communicating at all levels of an organization, from technician to C-level securities executives.
My skill sets aren’t limited to being a financial content writer. I hold a B.A. in Economics and an MBA. I’m a business owner and client development consultant, and I offer marketing execution support and strategic counsel for financial services firms. My thought process goes far beyond the written word to capture the underpinnings of processes that ultimately help build financial practices via new and expanded relationships.
Engaging My Services
Most clients hire me to do one of five things:
- Write marketing communications. Often clients hire me to write weekly or monthly content, such as white papers, blog posts, email newsletters, LinkedIn articles, editorial/opinion pieces, guest blogs, etc. Others have me write for their clients, such as helping an RIA’s financial advisor with their website copy or marketing an advisor’s upcoming event.
- Create and manage overall marketing plans, implementation, follow-up and reporting.
- Manage digital marketing agencies and/or provide weekly or monthly guidance to in-house junior marketing staff, ultimately optimizing digital marketing and in-person event activities to drive efficient AUM growth.
- Attend board meetings so that I may listen for digital growth opportunities, provide a female client perspective for financial firms with limited female executive representation as well as highlight self-limiting (often legacy) organizational habits and mindsets that stifle growth.
- Analyze marketing data to ensure its fullest utilization for the purposes of segmenting and personalizing all digital communications, ultimately maintaining efficient revenue growth.
Some clients hire me on retainer so I’m readily available to assist them with their ongoing client development, others by the project. In limited situations I’ll also bill by the hour.
If you’re seeking an ethical and reliable marketing content writer, please reach out. In the meantime, you may find the following financial advisory marketing posts helpful:
- 7 Creative Ideas for Recruiting Financial Advisors
- How Gen Z Influences Gen X Investor and Advisor Relationships
- 10 Gift Ideas for Female Advisory Clients
- 9 Ways to Create Feelings of Belonging for Advisory Clients
- 10 Questions to Gauge Advisory Client Perceptions
- How RIAs Can Increase Investor Sales Leads When Working with Freelance Writers
- Overlooked Financial Advisor Publicity Opportunity
- Grow AUM by Adding Tangibility to Outside Relationships
- Increase Community Awareness Using a Financial Advisor Office
- Increase Investor Email Response Rates
- Avoid These Financial Advising Video Conferencing Mistakes
- End-of-Life Planning for Financial Advisors Recommended Reading
- Is Your Advisory Website Copy Gender and Genderless Marketing Diversified
- Financial Advisors May Be Losing Clients to This
- Financial Advisor Marketing Plan Sample Targeting Small Business Owners
- Powerful Word Combinations for the Financial Advice Industry
- The One Question Financial Advisory Prospects Want Answered
- Social Listening Strategies for Financial Advisors
- How to Build Trust Using Financial Services Advisory Websites
- How Young Male Financial Advisors Can Build Credibility with Older Female Clients
- 3 Financial Advisor Blog Content Ideas
- How Financial Advisors Can Make Emotional Connections With Wealthy People
- Simple Techniques to Increase Client Referrals
- Example of Financial Advisor Niche Markets (video)